Get clearer skin in a few weeks with Zineryt, an effective acne treatment. Zineryt is a solution containing an antibiotic that you apply to your skin twice a day.
Prices from £19.50
In stock. Simply fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment. How to Order
Zineryt is a treatment for acne manufactured by LEO Pharma. The antibiotic in Zineryt helps get rid of bacteria to help clear up any spots on your face, chest or back.
Each bottle of Zineryt contains the antibiotic erythromycin and zinc in a 30ml solution. You apply Zineryt onto your skin twice a day using the soft applicator pad at the tip of the bottle. There’s no need to swallow antibiotic capsules with Zineryt and you can still wear makeup on top.
Request Zineryt online from Asda Online Doctor today. Fill out a confidential online questionnaire and one of our doctors will check if Zineryt is right for you. You can choose next day delivery with discreet packaging, or click and collect from a nearby Asda Pharmacy.
What is Zineryt and what is it used for?
Zineryt is a solution that is used on the skin for the treatment of acne. Zineryt comes as a separate liquid and powder, which you need to mix together before using it. This activates the antibiotic erythromycin, so you can use it on your skin. You can apply Zineryt solution onto the skin on your face, back or chest. This will help clear up any spots, blackheads and whiteheads caused by acne.
How Zineryt works
Zineryt works by killing off any bacteria on your skin that may be causing acne. The antibiotic in Zineryt, erythromycin, is a macrolide that stops bacteria from making proteins, so they cannot grow and eventually die out.
The zinc in Zineryt helps erythromycin get into your skin so it can work to reduce blackheads, whiteheads, spots and pimples.
How to use Zineryt
Preparing your Zineryt solution
Before you use Zineryt, you need to mix it up by following a few easy steps:
- Add the liquid from 1 bottle to the other bottle with powder in it.
- Put the cap on and shake the bottle for 60 seconds.
- Take the cap off and put the applicator pad on top until it clicks in place. Keep the cap to cover the applicator pad when you are not using Zineryt.
- Write the date you mixed it on the bottle with a pen. In 8 weeks you’ll need to mix a new Zineryt pack.
- Now your Zineryt solution is ready to use.
When you want to use Zineryt, check the date on the bottle has not gone past 8 weeks since it was prepared. If it’s in date, then you need to:
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and a mild soap or cleanser, then pat your face dry.
- Take the cap off your Zineryt bottle and touch the applicator pad gently onto your face, chest or back where the acne is. If you get any Zineryt in your eye, wash it out with warm water straight away.
- Glide the Zineryt applicator pad over the affected area to release the liquid onto your skin. You can press the pad a little harder against your skin to get more liquid out, but do not squeeze the bottle.
- If you put too much Zineryt on, get a tissue and pat it on your skin to remove any extra liquid.
- Wait a few minutes for the Zineryt to dry on your skin before you put on any makeup or moisturiser.
You need to use Zineryt twice a day to see results, and it can take 10 to 12 weeks for your acne to completely clear.
You can use Zineryt if you are:
- not allergic to any of the ingredients in Zineryt
- not allergic to macrolide antibiotics, such as erythromycin or azithromycin
We can only prescribe Zineryt to you if you are pregnant and/or breastfeeding. Your doctor will still need to check that treatment is suitable for you.
Get in touch with your doctor or a healthcare professional if you’re unsure whether you’re able to take Zineryt.
Alternatives to Zineryt
If you have an allergy to antibiotics or cannot use Zineryt, there are antibiotic-free acne treatment options from Asda Online Doctor such as:
- Differin gel or Differin cream (adapalene)
- Epiduo (adapalene and benzoyl peroxide)
Common side effects you can get while using Zineryt include:
- stinging or red skin
- dry skin
- skin peeling or flaking
- itchy skin
- skin irritation
When you use Zineryt, you’ll need to speak to a doctor if you get:
- a red or scaly rash
- bumps under the skin
- a burning sensation that does not go away within a few hours
Please call 999 if you have any signs of an allergic reaction to Zineryt such as:
- a rash that looks like raised bumps or hives
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue
- difficulty breathing
For a full list of side effects of Zineryt, you can read the patient information leaflet that comes in the box.
Zineryt and other medicines
You should tell your doctor about any other medications you’re taking before you take Zineryt. This includes:
- any acne treatments you use, such as Aknemycin Plus, Differin gel or Epiduo
- other antibiotics you use, such a lymecycline or clindamycin
Which active ingredients does Zineryt contain?
The active ingredients of Zineryt are 40mg/ml of erythromycin and 12mg/ml zinc acetate dihydrate.
The other 2 ingredients in Zineryt are di-isopropyl sebacate and anhydrous ethanol.
How should Zineryt be disposed of?
Take any expired or unused Zineryt to your local pharmacy to dispose of it. If you finish your bottle of Zineryt, you can throw it in your bin at home. Do not use Zineryt after the expiry date on the box.
How should Zineryt be stored?
Store Zineryt in its original packaging below 25°C, but do not put it in your fridge.
What does Zineryt look like?
Zineryt comes as a powder and a liquid (solvent) in separate bottles. When they are mixed together, your Zineryt is ready to use and you have 8 weeks until you need to throw it away.
In which pack sizes is Zineryt available?
Zineryt is available in a pack size of 30ml. Each pack of Zineryt contains a bottle of liquid and a bottle of powder which need to be mixed together before you can use it.
Information on the manufacturer
The marketing authorisation holder for Zineryt is Neon Healthcare Limited Mill Studio Business Centre, Crane Mead, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 9PY, United Kingdom.
The manufacturer of Zineryt is LEO Pharma A/S Industriparken 55 DK-2750 Ballerup Denmark.
Dr Kathryn Basford
Dr Kathryn Basford is a qualified GP who works as a GP in London, as well as with ZAVA. She graduated from the University of Manchester and completed her GP training through Whipps Cross Hospital in London.Meet our doctors
Article created: 13 Oct 2021
Last reviewed: 13 Oct 2021
Asda Online Doctor by ZAVA offers a range of options to manage acne symptoms, including antibiotics, anti-inflammatories for inflamed skin, and combination treatments that include Zinc to help skin repair.