Apply Testogel 50mg daily to bring your testosterone levels up. You can rub Testogel 50mg directly onto your skin and it comes in easy to tear sachets.
Prices from £54.50
Out of stock. Simply fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment. How to Order
Testogel 50mg sachets contain the active ingredient testosterone, a male hormone you naturally produce.
Manufactured by Besins, each 5g sachet of Testogel contains 50mg of testosterone. A box of Testogel contains 30 sachets.
Testogel 50mg is an effective treatment if you have low levels of testosterone due to male hypogonadism. You can check if you have low levels of testosterone using an at home test kit.
If you are already using Testogel 50mg and need a new prescription, the doctors at Asda Online Doctor may be able to help. Fill out a confidential online questionnaire and one of our doctors will check your answers in 24 hours to see if it is safe to prescribe it for you. Choose to have your Testogel delivered in discreet packaging or collect it from a nearby Asda Pharmacy.
30 days / 40.5 dose(s) - £54.50
What is Testogel and what is it used for?
Testogel is a gel that contains testosterone. It comes in sachets and the gel is rubbed into the skin. Testogel is used to help bring your levels of testosterone back up to what they should be.
A low level of testosterone is also known as hypogonadism. Low testosterone levels can be due to a problem with the testes, where testosterone is made, or a problem with the pituitary gland or hypothalamus which are the centres in the brain which controls how much testosterone is made.
If you have low testosterone levels you might notice that you
- feel tired or weak
- feel depressed, anxious or irritable
- have difficulty getting or keeping an erection
- have less body or facial hair
- have less interest in sex
- sweat more, particularly at night
- have difficulty concentrating or remembering things
How Testogel works
Testogel works by replacing testosterone so this is within normal levels. The gel is absorbed through the skin to give a stable blood level of testosterone throughout the day.
How to use Testogel
You need to use Testogel at the same time each day. When you want to apply Testogel, you should:
- Take a shower to clean your skin, and dry yourself with a clean towel.
- Tear open 1 sachet of Testogel and squeeze out some of the gel onto your fingers. If your doctor prescribes it, you can use a maximum of 2 Testogel sachets per day, or 100mg of testosterone.
- Gently spread the Testogel onto your shoulders, upper arms or stomach until you have used up all of the gel. Do not apply any Testogel to your chest, penis or testes. You can throw away the empty sachet in your bin at home.
- Let the gel dry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put on clothes that cover the area you applied the Testogel to.
- Wash your hands with soap after applying Testogel.
If you want to shower, have a bath or go swimming, you need to wait 1 hour after you apply Testogel.
Testogel and skin contact
After you apply Testogel, it might be absorbed through another person’s skin if you have skin to skin contact, such as during sex. So 1 hour after you apply Testogel, you can wash the application site with soap and water to safely have skin contact.
Avoid having skin contact with pregnant women, as Testogel can affect the developing baby.
You can use Testogel if you have testosterone deficiency (low levels of testosterone in your blood).
Before starting Testogel you will need to have blood tests to check your testosterone levels and other hormones. You will also need checks of your prostate gland and tests to look for reasons why your testosterone level is low. After starting treatment you need regular blood test monitoring for the first year and then at least one a year.
You should not use Testogel if you:
- are allergic or have a hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients in Testogel
- have prostate cancer
- have breast cancer
Talk to your doctor before using Testogel if you:
- have epilepsy or migraines
- have high blood pressure (hypertension)
- have heart failure
- have liver or kidney problems
- have breathing problems
- have bone cancer
- have a condition that can lead to blood clots, like thrombophilia
- smoke cigarettes or use nicotine products regularly
- are overweight
Get in touch with your doctor if you’re not sure whether you can take Testogel. For further information, please read the patient information leaflet that comes in the box of your Testogel.
You might get side effects when you apply Testogel because of the alcohol in the gel, these include:
- skin irritation
- dry skin
If you get skin reactions that are sore or spread over a large area, speak to a doctor straight away.
Other common side effects of Testogel are:
- hair loss
- breast growth
- high blood pressure
- more red blood cells
- more haemoglobin
Your prostate gland may become larger and you can develop benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or prostate cancer. So it’s important to see your doctor for regular blood tests while you’re using Testogel sachets. A blood test can also check your red blood cell count to see if you need to change your dose of Testogel.
Some of your symptoms should get better in the first few weeks of treatment, but some can take longer. If you feel your health is not improving or you’re getting side effects, you can speak to your doctor to change your dose of Testogel.
Signs your dose of Testogel is too high include:
- weight gain
- getting erections more often
- erections that last a long time or cause pain
- feeling irritable, stressed or nervous
For a full list of side effects, please read the patient information leaflet that comes with your box of Testogel sachets.
Testogel and other medicines
Before using Testogel, you need to tell your doctor if you’re currently taking any other medications such as:
- anticoagulants (blood thinners)
- testosterone gel or injections, including Tostran gel
- PDE5 inhibitors, such as Viagra (sildenafil)
Your doctor may need to change the amount of Testogel you use depending on these other medicines.
Which active ingredients does Testogel contain?
The active ingredient in Testogel sachets is testosterone. Each Testogel sachet contains 5g of gel and 40.5mg of testosterone.
The other ingredients in Testogel sachets are carbomer 980, isopropyl myristate, ethanol 96%, sodium hydroxide and purified water.
How should Testogel be disposed of?
Take any unused or expired Testogel sachets to your local pharmacy to dispose of them safely.
How should Testogel be stored?
Store Testogel sachets in their original box. Do not open a Testogel sachet unless you want to use it straight away. Keep Testogel sachets away from children and pregnant or breastfeeding women.
What does Testogel look like?
Testogel 50mg looks like a clear and colourless liquid jelly. Each 5g Testogel sachet is made of silver foil with “TESTOGEL” printed on the front, and an easy to tear edge.
In which pack sizes is Testogel available?
Testogel is available in a pack size of 30 pieces of 5g sachets.
Information on the manufacturer
The UK marketing authorisation holder for Testogel is Besins Healthcare (UK), Limited Lion Court, 25 Procter Street, Holborn, London, WC1V 6NY, UK.
There are 2 manufacturers for Testogel:
- Laboratoires Besins International,13, rue Périer, 92120 Montrouge, France
- Delpharm Drogenbos SA, Groot Bijgaardenstraat, 128, 1620 Drogenbos, Belgium
Dr Kathryn Basford
Dr Kathryn Basford is a qualified GP who works as a GP in London, as well as with ZAVA. She graduated from the University of Manchester and completed her GP training through Whipps Cross Hospital in London.Meet our doctors
Article created: 13 Oct 2021
Last reviewed: 13 Oct 2021